Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Let It Snow

From the KOMO website this afternoon:

Avalanche Danger Extreme in Cascades


The Cascades are forecast to get anywhere from 18-36 inches of new snow Wednesday into Wednesday night. Avalanche warnings are up and conditions couldn't be more extreme. Expect frequent and lengthy delays trying to get over the passes for avalanche control.

I'm still not able to ski (can you spell "bummer"?), and my usual helpers are out of town this week.  If anyone can pick up the results on Wednesday night and send them to me, I'll post them to the blog and keep everyone updated.

Thanks, and have fun up there!

1 comment:

  1. A few Headlamp regulars have proposed a Greenlake circuit as a lowland alternative tonight. It is a ~5km loop. I haven't checked the conditions of the track, but there is often something worthy of a classic ski. I may make it out there.

    Happy snow day.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete