Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feb 24, Conditions Preview

Finally! Snow overnight, mixed rain and snow right now. Ozzie is in Falun and not able to give me any news, so here is last night's report from Robert, the groomer:

I am currently grooming at cabin creek, it is snowing lightly, but the trails are very icy and difficult to groom, expect bad conditions tomorrow unless we get some accumulation for which I will be back out there tomorrow afternoon. A classic track is virtually impossible to set right now, because of how hard the snow is. The skate lane is satisfactory on the road. Around the viking skating would be very difficult because of the ice balls, brought up from my groomer. Sorry for this and I will have them ready for the weekend.

Sounds a little bleak, but hey, tough conditions create strong skiers!

PS. I will be delivering hot new Seattle Nordic ski suits for those of you who ordered them -- they look awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment